Monday, July 18, 2011

You are mine

Riley Elizabeth,
You are mine. Everyday I stare into your beautiful, yet to commit to a color but looking like your headed towards brown, eyes I am amazed that you are mine. I adore you and could spend all day watching your every move...and sometimes I probably spend too much of my day doing just that. But I hear time is short. That you will grow so fast. And I am already beginning to see that. You seem so big already and you are just 11 weeks old.
I can't believe that 12 weeks ago I didn't know you were Riley. I didn't know you would have the cutest chubby cheeks and crazy long fingers. I didn't know that you would have hair like me and your daddy's chin (minus the hair). Life has felt like a whirlwind with all that we have had going on but you in it feels so normal already.
I delight in the smallest things you do. How you have started kicking your legs more and more. And how you pull your arms in and smile with a big open mouth when you are overwhelmed by the craziness of my faces.
And I begin to think that that is just a tiny taste of how the Lord looks at us. I am reminded that he delights in me. That he looks upon me with joy the way I look at you. That even though I am sinful and broken he loves me so deeply and he calls me his. He wraps me in his arms like I do you and sings over me. He is my protector, my comforter, my savior, my lover, and my friend.
Your daddy and I pray everyday that you would be His. That he would call you to himself and that you would fall in love with him. And I pray everyday that I would respond to his love for me the way that you respond to my love for you. That I would relax in his arms and turn to his voice and be comforted by his presence. That I would trust him completely for my every need and delight in his goodness.
I love you Riley. And I love that you are mine.
-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment