Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's the little moments in life

I am thankful for the little moments of life that bring joy to my heart. The majority of them are spent with my family and close friends... but sometimes they happen when I am all alone... in my car... with the radio turned up... the windows down... and I am singing my heart out to whatever is on.

These moments are even better when the realization comes that I have been singing a song for a long time with complete confidence and then learn that I had the lyrics completely wrong.

That recently happened with Jordin Sparks song Battlefield. In the moment of great intensity of the song I would belt out confidently:

"You better go and get Sharonda, get Sharonda, get Sharonda"

As opposed to the real lyrics that say "You better go and get your armor".

I had no idea who Sharonda was or why you would want her in the midst of a battlefield but it didn't matter. There was a moment of shame when the realization of the real lyrics happened but the next time I was in my car and this song came on I realized that my version is so much more fun!

So whenever you hear that song you can think of me and join me as I serenade Sharonda.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so this was great for an "endorphin rush" and I need as many of those as I can get!!! I mean I was in true "belly laugh" mode...I love you.

    Hey, aren't we a little early for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete